NERP Tropical Ecosystems Hub
Welcome to the National Environmental Research Program
Tropical Ecosystems Hub (NERP TE Hub)
The Tropical Ecosystems Hub is the largest of the five NERP Hubs with 240 scientists from five major research institutions undertaking 38 projects across North and Far North Queensland and the Torres Strait.
Researchers are addressing critical issues for management, conservation and sustainable use of the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef and its catchments, tropical rainforests including the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area, and land and sea assets on which the resilient communities in the Torres Strait depend.
The TE Hub also undertakes a dedicated knowledge brokering and communication and engagement program to ensure information is delivered to the right people in the right way through research-user engagement and our suite of communication products and reporting tools.
This website is the main source for news and information from the TE Hub and also links to the e-Atlas, a TE Hub funded website dedicated to presenting research data in an accessible form.
The 2014 NERP TE Hub Conference will be held on the 5th-7th November 2014 at the Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, Cairns.
Registration is free but places are limited.
Please click here above for more details.
Need a hotel room whilst attending the Conference? The RRRC has secured competitive rates exclusive to NERP Conference attendees. Click here to find out more.
Click here to view the NERP Tropcial Ecosystems Hub August 2014 e-Newsletter
- 2014 NERP TE Hub Conference - Wed 8th Oct 2014
- 10-year study shows Great Barrier Reef no-fishing zones boost shark numbers - Thu 11th Sep 2014
- A new measure of biodiversity - Mon 21st Jul 2014
- JCU researchers discover fish larvae smell and hear their way home - Fri 11th Jul 2014
- Distinguished Professor Helene Marsh announced as one of the first four members of Australia's Ministerial Council on the Environment - Thu 10th Jul 2014