Theme 3 'Managing for resilient tropical systems'
Research undertaken within Theme 3 will provide knowledge and options to assist key decision makers in government, industry and the community in managing the complex ecosystems of the Great Barrier Reef, the Wet Tropics rainforest (including the World Heritage Area) and Torres Strait. Theme 3 draws on the assessment of ecological condition and trends undertaken in Theme 1 and the improved understanding of ecosystem function and cumulative pressures from Theme 2. Theme 3 will provide tools and information for evidence-based decision making that address the pressures and sustains resilient ecological, social and economic systems.
Theme 3 consists of five Programs:
- Laws protecting the Great Barrier Reef to be introduced next week, Queensland Premier says - Thu 28th May 2015
- Let’s get serious about protecting wildlife in a warming world - Thu 28th May 2015
- We’ve only monitored a fraction of the Barrier Reef’s species - Thu 28th May 2015
- Great Barrier Reef: warmer waters helping coral-eating starfish thrive - Fri 13th Feb 2015
- You are what you eat—if you're a coral reef fish - Wed 17th Dec 2014
Search found 254 items
- [all items]