NERP Research Hubs
NERP has established five large multi-institutional research hubs to examine biodiversity issues in terrestrial, freshwater and marine ecosystems across Australia:
- NERP Tropical Ecosystems Hub
- NERP Environmental Decisions Hub
- NERP Northern Australia Hub
- NERP Landscapes and Policy Hub
- NERP Marine Biodiversity Hub
The largest of the five NERP hubs, the Tropical Ecosystems Hub is a $61.9 million research program supported by the Australian Government in partnership with a number of key Australian research institutions.
Further information about the NERP funded hubs is available from the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities (DSEWPaC) website.
- Laws protecting the Great Barrier Reef to be introduced next week, Queensland Premier says - Thu 28th May 2015
- Let’s get serious about protecting wildlife in a warming world - Thu 28th May 2015
- We’ve only monitored a fraction of the Barrier Reef’s species - Thu 28th May 2015
- Great Barrier Reef: warmer waters helping coral-eating starfish thrive - Fri 13th Feb 2015
- You are what you eat—if you're a coral reef fish - Wed 17th Dec 2014