You are here
Theme 3 'Managing for resilient tropical systems'
Research undertaken within Theme 3 will provide knowledge and options to assist key decision makers in government, industry and the community in managing the complex ecosystems of the Great Barrier Reef, the Wet Tropics rainforest (including the World Heritage Area) and Torres Strait. Theme 3 draws on the assessment of ecological condition and trends undertaken in Theme 1 and the improved understanding of ecosystem function and cumulative pressures from Theme 2. Theme 3 will provide tools and information for evidence-based decision making that address the pressures and sustains resilient ecological, social and economic systems.
Theme 3 consists of five Programs:
- WWF welcomes Australian Government investment in turtle and dugong conservation - Mon 22nd Jul 2013
- Conservationist demands end to dugong hunt as numbers plummet - Mon 22nd Jul 2013
- Sick turtles a warning sign for Reef - Mon 22nd Oct 2012
- Marine turtles and dugong of Torres Strait - Fri 17th Feb 2012
Search found 4 items
- [all items]
- (-) Remove Project 2.1 'Marine turtles and dugongs of the Torres Strait' filter Project 2.1 'Marine turtles and dugongs of the Torres Strait'